View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

skatemom,

Welcome to NT. Sorry to hear of your fall.

I am concerned about your mix of therapy. The Bowen Therapy is so gentle that it has no or very little downside. Cranial-Sacral may be undoing the benefits of the Bowen, especially if it is old school CST. The plates of your skull will not move. Don't let a CS Therapist try to move them. The gentle spinal manipulations may help.

An often undiagnosed injury from whiplash-concussion is to the joint at Atlas (C-1) to Occiput (base of the skull) Routine icing this area is helpful.

The Elavil (amitriptyline) is commonly prescribed in low doses of 10 to 20 mgs. At those doses, there should not be a delay in effect. The Elavil may help with head aches and insomnia.

You supplements can be improved. Read the Vitamins sticky. The arnica is not much help, especially if it is homeopathic doses. At standard homeopathic doses, you would would need to consume the equivalent of an Olympic swimming pool to consume ONE molecule of arnica.

The most helpful supplements are B-12, B-complex, D3 and the fish oil. If you add these to quiet rest as others have mentioned, your brain will have the best environment to recover. As a mom, quiet rest is difficult but your family needs to get on-board so they can get Mom back.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote