View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's been a full week now.

On my 3rd, 4th and 5th sessions I came out of the inversion with a distinct sensation of being more symmetrical and taller in my trunk. It's a neat feeling.

I'm doing 3 sessions per day at 45 degrees. Today I did 4 mins, 5 mins and 5 mins.

I don't feel a big change in symmetry and height now at the end of each session, but I do feel a difference in these aspects throughout my day compared to how I was before I started inversion. I used to feel like my trunk kind of collapsed in on itself, but having already done stretches, exercises, PT and chiro, I didn't really know what to do about it. Well I eventually did... I thought inversion might help and that appears to be the case.

I always use the timer to make sure I'm controlling the duration.

I use the infrared heat now. Once I'm stretched out, it doesn't really hit the upper back which is disappointing, but I still like the feature and I'm glad I got it.

My abs have loosened up allowing other parts to stretch or at least for me to feel them stretching. The next body part to kick in was the lower spine, a place where I don't normally feel much sensation. After that loosened up, I am now feeling it in my ribs. What will be next, I wonder?

The front neck is still tight and grumpy.

So in addition to getting spinal decompression, this is also a great passive muscle stretch for tightwads like me.

My lower and mid back pain have greatly reduced. And on the one day they acted up, I got on the inversion table for just 4 mins and that knocked it out. Sweet!

Only downside so far is that when I come back up, I often feel some dizziness and it can last from a few mins to 20 mins. I don't like it.

I'm comfortable now with letting the arms hang, though I get some minor symptoms.

If I had to do it over again, I would start at 30 degrees instead of 45.

I wish I had started inversion sooner. On the other hand, I was a train wreck in 2011 and this may have been too intense for me. If that's where you are at, start with 10 degrees like brmr19 did and don't neglect your other treatments.

Tomorrow I will do three sessions of 5 mins each. As long I'm making progress at 45 degrees, I'll just leave it there. I can increment it when I start plateauing.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-10-2013)