View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Mrs. D and en bloc.

I was in such shock on Wednesday that I failed to ask many questions. I just was unprepared for a biopsy. En bloc, I did ask the doctor why not the other tests first, and he said because of the pain I've been experiencing in my left shoulder, elbows, forearms and wrists. The pain is not all at the same time, not too bad, but every day. He also mentioned that he was concerned about the level of neuropathy I have, in addition to the arm pain. I have axonal sensory motor polyneuropathy, which is all new to me. I knew I had peripheral neuropathy seven or eight years ago, and I quit seeing a neurologist then. Just continued taking Gabapentin for the vibration/low level pain. My new neurologist thought I'd waited a sufficient time, allowing for the nerve conduction, EMG tests to be clearer. This all started with vision issues.

Mrs. D., I am calling them this morning because, in addition to these other concerns, I have had a number of episodes of shingles in that general area. In fact, for the past two years, I've taken acyclovir year-round, keeping it under complete control.

Thank you both for your input. I am thinking this through.
inspirations is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-17-2013)