View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear Leftyjoe

Hello, and welcome to Neuro Talk. I am sorry to hear how hard things have become for you. You do need help, and there has to be some service offerered in your community.
I have to say something about a trust. My parents set up a trust for me with a lawyer, as they knew I was sick. Unfortunately the lawyer didn't have knowledge of medicare/medicaid law. No matter what the trust said in regard to not spending my trust for medical issues, the state forced me to spend it before I was given any help at all. My parents should have given all resources to my son, outright with no trust involved at all. I had 9 surgeries that effectively brought me into poverty, with medical bills. What two generations saved for was gone, and I was heartbroken. My own finances, my own earthly earnings were in the trust too.
Please make sure if you do the trust, your lawyer has adequate knowledge of the laws involved.
Neuro Talk, will help support you emotionally. I will be here to listen anytime.
My son is a OPT, and works in an assisted living home. I hope you do all you can to try not to have to go into one. However, that is not always bad, depending on the facility. The one my son works in is awsome, and so is the staff. He sees alot of people, that learn more skills, and then get to return home. I wish you all the best, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote