Thread: Mag. Lotion
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

This is AMAZING.... I had never heard of it before.

I wonder what is going on with it? A sort of rebound allergic response? You know Zyrtec is chemically related to Atarax...a very strong antihistamine with also some anxiety reducing effects.
Vistaril is another salt of it...used mostly for sedation in children before procedures, and in adults who use opiates which cause itching. Atarax has long been held to be the most potent for itching problems. And often is given for severe reactions that involve the skin. Both Atarax (hydroxyzine) and Vistaril (hydroxyzine pamoate) are still on RX. Zyrtec was developed by Pfizer (who owned the patent on both Atarax and Vistaril) in the hopes of altering it a bit to make it less sedating.

I've used Zyrtec on and off for 2 years, but never for more than a few months. It made me much too tired and hung over feeling.
I had no problems stopping it.

I did find many people on various blogs discussing their nightmares with it though. I am at a loss for an answer to it at this point. I'll look around PubMed too. And DrugCite. If I find anything I'll come back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
I completely agree with you on how uneducated dr's and people are about side affects of drugs.

More people are sick from side effects of drugs than from disease.

Read that sentence again and it's mind blowing.

Your comment about nexium makes me think that is my moms problem. She was on nexium for years then stopped taking it cold turkey and has had problems ever since. I wonder if many of her new problems are from quitting the nexium.

I am taking my bp diuretic every other day right now.

And FYI did you all know that the allergy medication zyrtec can addictive???

IT IS. Or can be for a percentage of the population. Of course I am one of them. I had NO idea, and took zyrtec for years. I never realized when I would stop taking it I would start itching and think it was allergies so I would take the zyrtec again when low and behold it was the ZYRTEC making me itch.

Google it. A class action law suit is in the works. Some poor folks talk about it like its crack cocaine the way they suffer. Fortunately for me, while I did suffer with extreme itching and bumps, after a month it got better. I am still off it but the bumps reappear but it gets better every month.

AMAZING.

Imagine if you will ...a drug company that produces an allergy pills that is addictive to the point it mimicks the disease to keep you taking the pill.

Ya, I believe it. It happened to me. There is even a facebook page for sufferers.

Drugs, can't take em, can't not take em.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote