View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there! Well, today I start the first step (again) of getting a referral from a military Dr. I really hope that it goes well. We just moved to a new base, and I am quite anxious to start the process again- we have all been there- a Dr who doesn't believe you, believe that TOS doesn't even exist, wants to send you to do some useless tests.... yes I'm very aprehensive. I'm hoping that with my confirmed diagnosis, and previous surgery (100% successful) that the new Dr will just write me the referrals that I need so that my right side can be evaluated and I can start the process of finding a qualified surgeon.

Side note- I did find a Dr locally that wrote a few articles on Paget Schroetter syndrome. So I figure- although it is NOT the *same* as A/V TOS, the surgery to prevent future clots and release the compression is the same, is it not? I think I would be ok to go see that guy! Thoughts?

Yes, Denver is a good 10-12 hour drive away- so flying only, really. It's possible to go there, however I would prefer to either have the surgery in Omaha or just go back to Tucson, AZ and have my original surgeon do the right side as well. Which, may be possible because believe it or not- Tucson, AZ and the original Dr is still considered "in network" eventhough I'm in Omaha now... Food for my thought.
josepentia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote