View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ulnar nerve neuropathy/CRPS new to forum

Hello to all. Just found this site and wanted to contribute.

A little history on my condition-

In summer of 2011 I was involved in a minor mva(rear ended). I struck my left shoulder on door frame, left elbow struck arm rest. Might have hit head on door as well (no bruising or bumps). Originally diagnosed with sprain of pinkie and ulnar nerve neuropathy.

After about 9-10 months of cortisone shots to little finger and elbow (no improvement), a PRP shot in pinkie (no improvement), months of 2 different courses of physical therapy, couple of MRIs, and an EMG (which showed a compression of te nerve through the cubital tunnel I had a submuscular ulnar nerve transposition in Spring of 2012.

I have since had a couple more courses of OT including a session of work hardening that actually caused me to re-injure my elbow (as evident by another MRI) and was demote back to OT. Just recently the doctor sent me to a pain clinic to rule out CRPS. Well what do you know, it wasn't ruled out but added to my growing list of diagnosises (to include medial encondelytiyis(sp)).
My symptoms for CPRS are: swelling from basically elbow to fingertips during night time (will wake up swollen and then it takes about 2 days for swelling to go down-sometimes longer), change in skin colour, pain in elbow and fingers, numbness in pinkie and ring finger (alternates between pain and numbness), pins and needles in forearm, changes in tempatures to touch (elbow and forearm burning hot fingers ice cold).
Now have a stellate ganglion block scheduled for next week.

I have been out of work since the original accident.

It's nice to know I'm not crazy and there is actually something wrong with me that others are going through. Turns out a friend has this and is so bad they were talking about a spinal cord stimulator or drug pump.
WilliamIOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-18-2013)