View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hehe...I think those vitual cinny buns got everyone all suagred up

OC girl is so right that pain causes the serotonin levels in us to drop which casuses more stress and pain

I have had some interesting deveopments of late that are kind of related to this thread.

So along with my TOS I also have Hashimotos thyroiditis. So they did some blood tests and sure enough my serotonin is low.

MY sugar is fine but my insulin is high making me insulin resistant. Cholesterol very high but could be from thryoid. That nasty but wonderful Lyrica combined with all the steroids make me gain a lot of weight.

So 6 weeks ago I went on super diet and lost 9 lbs to date. Went cold turkey on sugar (except virtual cinny buns). Apple slcies are now my best friend. And now I dont miss sugar and glad I made the break. I may even have to change my avatar from cupcakes my fave food group.

But most interesting thing is bllod tests this week showed low sex hormones, ha lower than menopause. Figure that.

Also showing adrenal fatigue.

So how is this related to TOS....well the weight gain, pain and stress anyway. Doc explained that our hormones are like a 3 leg stool. Adrenal, Sex and thryoid hormones all have to be balanced to work in concert. If one is off then all can get off and make problems like weight gain, pain stress, mood even more off.

So I am going to see if I can rebalanace them again and get to a more healthy state.

Fascinating stuff.

By now I think I have the M and all I need is the D for my MD degree

So it might pay to have your s all checked if you can. So far the treatment has made some differnce. Doc gave me special adrenal vitamins and I have to say that the sublingual B12 makes a big differnce in the nerve pain for me.

OK enough back to eating virtual cinny bun
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote