View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For the right side, I was off work for 5 weeks. I could have gone back sooner but chose to stay home using up my vacation time. Since it was a small employer, there was no HR paperwork to deal with.

For the left side, I was off work for 2 1/2 weeks but could have gone back at 2 weeks. I did get the doctor to write a note for part-time for first two weeks given my job involves heavy computer use and long hours. I think he wrote some restrictions about lifting no more than 5 lbs. Since I work for a large employer, there was lots of paperwork to fill out and the doctor had to fill in forms stating what my restrictions were.

The doctors will have a general time frame of when you should go back but your actual return should be based on how you are doing post-op. Each person recovers at their own speed. If you're not comfortable going back when they say you should, voice your concerns at that time. My doctor was very easy going about it and signed the note saying I could go back to work when I said I was ready to go back.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote