View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyUK View Post
It's a lovely thought but never going to happen for me. I've been told there's absolutely no treatment left to try and it will be permanent, all that's left is counselling. I'm not without medication, I am taking buprenorphine 35mcg patches and 200mcg sublingual tablets just to get up but have become tolerant and my doctor won't change them as he says if I'm tolerant to one I am tolerant to all, so he says there's no point (I know he's wrong but it doesn't make any difference if he refuses, I have to do without regardless). The only meds I am without are the zombifying anti-epileptics/antidepressants. Neither of which did anything at all for my CRPS.

Started having the weird sleep adult thingies again. Pain levels are through the roof presumably from lack of sleep and I have resorted to using my secret tiny stash of Oramorph that I cannot get a repeat for. Also got a couple of diazepam left, and because I've been having spasms, I am thinking of using them too but with my docs refusing to prescribe them ever again and me not having anything in reserve for a day like the day I ended up in an ambulance, I am reluctant to use them up, even though I need them!
Can you try another doctor? That's so awful when they won't prescribe the harder-core stuff at least in limited doses. If they give you a small number per month, you're only going to save them for those critically bad times

I know what you mean about a secret stash ... the strong ones are like gold. You just feel better knowing you have a few big guns hidden away. I vividly remember when I was at a party at my sister-in-law's house where there were seminary students and their families present. At the time, I was on Oxy, and I kept a very accurate count of how much I had left, because we were on vacation and out-of-state and I knew I couldn't get any kind of refill until we got back home. I had about 30 left at the start of the party, and they were in a pill container in my purse, zipped up and stashed in a bedroom. At the end of the party, I was short 10. Unbelievable ... the only ones that knew that I was on those drugs were my family, so either my sister-in-law's family took some, or someone at the party searched my purse and took them. The rest of the trip was very, very hard, because I had to immediately cut down my dose so I wouldn't run out before I got home And I did NOT make a counting mistake - I actually had a little graph with a running daily total of how much I had left, because if I had a bad day and took extra, I knew I had to suck it up the next day and take less (I'm a rather nerdy engineer ... )
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote