Thread: To wvfox
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both so very much. I was diagnosed in Jan. I have been sick for 7 years though, I just kept getting the run around. The neuro who dx me told me to eat Mestinon like it was candy, at one point I was taking 120mg every 3 hours. I did get too much in my system, started having extreme muscle cramps, he wanted me to take atropine but the pharmacy was unable to get it. I started taking levisin instead 5 .25 tablets 4 times a day. He refered me to the doctor who is 2 hours away who told me to back off on the mestinon, put me on prednisone and sent me to a cardio thoracic surgeon to have my thymus removed. The surgeon told me how he did a couple of thymectomies a year and how he felt it would be best to do the same cut as open heaart surgery. I'm not comfortable with someone who does a couple a year. I have ask my pcp to refer me to another doctor and am waiting to see when. I live with my husband, who treats me as if this is the flu and will all be okay, he is a very good man but he can't seem to accept this at all. My 20 yr. old daughter doesn't even know how to feel about it all, seems to be just mostly scared, she comes home every day and triess to help as much as she can. I also am raising my 5yr. old great nephew, he has been with us since August of last year, I have ask for some of the family to help with him as my husband works 6 days a week and is gone for 14 hours at a time but it hasn't seemed to matter much to them... (sorry I am a little bitter toward his grandparents who can't take him in because they can't be disturbed). I have alot of swelling in my face, neck, upper arms and chest, drenching night sweats,and my stomache seems to be swollen, I feel like I am being squeezed around my trunk. The doctor didn't tell me to take any vitamins and I hadn't because I was afraid it might ramp my body up even more against itself. i did know though to stay away from as much salt as I could. I hope I answered your ?, i'm sorry if i am rambling just so excited about talking to other people with this disease. Again I appreciate ya'll and any info is definitly helpfull.
wvfox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-18-2013), cait24 (05-18-2013)