View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm sorry, but sometimes other than getting a pain med or a muscle relaxer from a doctor, a lot of times you can't do anything about the Hug other than wait it out.

I've been doing exercises for the spasticity I get from the MS (the Hug is one of the forms that spasticity can take) and stretching can help, but you really have to keep up on it. Something that I'm bad about sometimes.

Several years ago, I had the Hug around my ribs really bad. It really really hurt, and I couldn't get anyone in my family to believe me about how bad the pain was. All the doctor did was give me baclofen and gabapentin. (gabapentin did nothing for me btw, other than make me get edema and gain weight) I ended up just having to sit there and wait it out. I did buy a TENS Unit from Amazon.com for about $40 and used that when it was at it's worst. Which helped some. But not totally.

Hopefully you can find the right combination of meds or something to help with the pain, or that it'll stop on it's own very soon.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote