Thread: Ace inhibitor?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow

I would suggest you change from that ACE inhibitor ASAP.

I had a horrible crisis with my Lisinopril.... burning pain everywhere, swelling, fluid in my chest and neck/throat, GI swelling... I thought I'd die.

This is due to a buildup of bradykinin, which is a potent vasodilator.

I too was on 3 BP drugs at the same time (but I do not have RSD).... which didn't work. Cardizem, Lasix and lisinopril).... Now I use a magnesium lotion which is very effective in lowering blood pressure-- Morton's Epsom lotion--from WalMart.
And I now only take 25mg of atenolol... my BP has never been better! The stress from the bradykinin buildup was actually making my BP worse. I had been on that ACE drug for over a decade, and the changes were so slow my doctor thought I had other things going on....and it was the lisinopril all along!

The ACE inhibitors cause acquired angioedema, which strains your whole body, and cardiovascular system. Some people have a genetic weakness and this makes it worse.

I have been posting all this year all over these forums about this potential. If you have this angioedema, you can die from it.

Do a search for "angioedema" and you'll find my posts with more details. There is one on this forum in fact.

I had an item coming up for bid ending on Ebay and had to leave this post...now I am back... and I won my item too!
Here is a link from a thread on RSD:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post970435-6.html

And another with more details...
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread180226.html
further down this thread is a discussion of HAE and acquired AE...

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 05-18-2013 at 09:44 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote