View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

You can also have something called "banding" around your extremities. Feels like someone has wrapped something around your arms or legs. That will sometimes feel like your wearing rubber gloves, or boots if it's on your hands or feet.

Right now, I have an invisible band of something around my upper left thigh. It's really annoying. It's really disturbing the first time you feel something like that. But, it's sensory, it's not something that a doctor might feel is an emergency.

That was kind of a hard thing to learn. That doctors see sensory symptoms as something that's not an emergency that they need to do something about if you don't have anything else going on...and the doctors that I've seen for sensory symptoms really do not communicate that fact back to me. They've all seemed seriously unsympathetic and basically have made me feel like they think I'm faking. Not a good feeling.

I've had exactly one doctor show sympathy for a sensory symptom, and that's only because I know he has a medical condition that causes similar symptoms and he was able to relate to the weird feelings.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote