View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Using Amantadine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspera View Post
Hello, can you please tell me how long after you introduced amantidine, you noticed the improvement and was it in mobility or cognitive or both..
My 80 year old mom started Amantidine about 3 weeks ago and she still did not feel any change.She was diagnosed with PD about year ago after suffering small stroke closed by clot in her brain,
Now we are thinking to put her on Levodopa small dose but I am a little resistant due to dyskinesia as a side effect.
I wonder if anyone knows like after how many years or months of using Levodopa - the symptoms of dyskinesia will appear and are they reversible by stopping Levodopa and switching on some other type of PD medication. thank you !
Hello, I am a new boy on this site so this may not get through. I have Parkinson's and have used Amantadine (2X100MG) for about 6 years. I tried it irstly to tackle my tremor - which it didn't - but it felt good having it. I now use it with Rasageline, Simemet and Requip. I have had no dyskinesia since starting Sinemet about 5 years ago and believe the amantadine helps in this regard - I must state I am a layman in this field but also believe in the power of the mind and if I believe something, it is real to me
froggatt55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote