View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 10 year old with difficult diagnosis

Thanks for the welcome and the reply MrsD, I will definitely share this info with his neurologist and GI. His B12 test was "normal" but i was not aware of the new "normal" and I am not sure if his neuro is aware of it (I have to admit the word "normal" is starting to drive me up a wall because I'm absolutely sure that there is something ABNORMAL going on with my child!) I will also mention the methylation testing and see what he thinks about that. I'm a little leary of making suggestions to the doctor because I feel intimidated, but I'm getting a little more outspoken in that arena as my son's health continues to go downhill.

Because of the (possible) digestive problems I'm concerned about the possiblility that his body is not properly utilizing/absorbling the vitamins/minerals from the food he eats, and he is a picky eater who refuses to eat nutritious foods, so I'm relying on multivitamins and nutrition drinks to get some nutrition into his system.

Once again, thanks for the speedy reply, I will take all of this into consideration, I just hope his doctors will do the same.

-Sally
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-19-2013)