View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy56 View Post
The last few doses of mestinon I have been having increasing numbness and tingling in lips; tongue and roof of mouth 30-40 min after taking it. I am taking 60 Mg at 8 12 4 & 8. I called the doc on call and he said to go to ER if I can't breathe or swollow. Also to drop mestinon dose down to 3 times a day tomorrow. When I asked if I should take 8pm dose he said I could try it and see what happens and go to ER if needed. It has been 90 min and no change in numbness. It feels like novacaine in lips. Otherwise I feel ok just a little queasy. Anyone had anything like this with mestinon?
Thanks
Sandy
Hello Sandy, Smart girl to call him!! I like the doctor. Tingling and queasy from mestinon, sure, an allergy to it?...possibly. Watch for swelling in the tongue, lips around your face--that's concerning.

Your symptoms can be attributed to quite a number of things, but at this point, whatever is unusual to you (and I know you are new at this) or whatever doesn't feel right to you, or if you are at all concerned, listen your doctor. And I know YOU will....
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sandy56 (05-18-2013)