Thread: To wvfox
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When mestinon start wearing off for me about 3 - 3.5 hours after the dose, I start to break out in the sweats, I begin to feel very weak and get that huge achiness in my stomach. I keep a batch of strong ginger cookies. The ginger cookies really help settle the stomach issues with the mestinon, yogurt is also very good for that too.

The MDA clinic is a great choice, I hope they can get you in as soon as possible. I have a small center circle of clear vision, any slight turn to the right or left and I have double vision. I have to keep my head straight ahead when I walk, If I turn it slightly, I get very off balance and disoriented and begin to bang into walls. Mestinon helps the double vision, ice packs on the eye help for temporarily relief too. I am getting Prism in my glasses to also help relieve the double vision. The double vision is very typical of MG and is often the first symptom to come and often the least responsive to treatment.

I will say a prayer that they get you in MDA - Like Monday. Stay rested and safe.
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wvfox (05-27-2013)