View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sandy, Did they put you on Pred too? Sorry, I've got a stupid headache today and can't remember.

If the numbness and tingling was between doses, I would've thought it was from a lack of oxygen.

Numbness and tingling are not mentioned in the Mestinon PDF (below).

Are those symptoms there between doses?

If you are on Pred, and it is kicking in, then you might be overdosing on the Mestinon. I doubt it but I thought I'd better put all possibilities out there.

Do you have Benadryl? Liquid Benadryl is best because you can titrate the amount you take. It does the "opposite" of Mestinon, so it can make MG worse. If you get the numbness and tingling, try a teaspoon of it. If it goes away, you probably have your answer.

Some people can't tolerate the Bromide. Are you on the generic Mestinon? If so, you might ask Dr. Franklin to say that you need the brand/Valeant Mestinon due to an allergy! TriCare can't fight that either.

Contrary to what the insurance industry would have you think, all generics are not created equally. There can be major differences between them, including strength of the drugs.

Allergies, like 4-eyes said, don't necessarily come on strong right away. But they often keep increasing in severity after continued exposure. I'm glad you're seeing your doctor soon.

Keep a journal of what's going on and when, for you and Dr. Franklin.

Having had a variety of allergic reactions, I know how potentially dangerous they can be. So be prepared for the idea that you might need the ER. Benadryl is great to have on hand but a big reaction usually needs more drugs and pronto!

Annie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mestinon_Suspension_60mg-Tablet_60-180mg_PI_May01.pdf (38.7 KB, 92 views)
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sandy56 (05-19-2013)