View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I hit my head very hard, and now my ear is clogged... is it permanent?

6 days ago i fainted in my bathroom and hit the back of my head on the bathtub very hard when i fell. I was out for about a minute (not sure if it was from fainting, or hitting my head... or both) and when i came to i was in a lot of pain.

I sat in a recliner to rest, and everything seemed ok (except for a bad headache)... then about 2 hours after hitting my head i stood up and noticed that my ear felt like there was water in it. Soon after, my ear completely stopped up, like if you have a bad cold. It's been that way ever since (6 days now), and i am starting to become concerned.

My head was swelled behind the ear where i hit it, but it feels like it has gone down a lot... yet the muffled/clogged ear persists. If i hold my nose and blow air out through my nose, my ear pops and feels how it normally would if it was about to clear up, but goes back to feeling clogged when i am not blowing out.

If anyone has experienced this, or knows any information about it, i would be very grateful for your input.

Thanks
headhita6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote