View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi Parbie-
Let me know if you come to L.A. I really like Dr. Gelabart-but I dont know how well they deal with out of towners. I would add Dr. Thompson to your list-he is considered one of the tops in the country and he takes everything out superclavicularly. I love Dr. Jordan-but he is expensive and he just does injections- Its true they are impossible when it comes to insurance , I am still waiting for them to approve facet block injections which may or may not help. Have you tried Botox? It didnt work for me but it is definatley more accepted then Heparin.Keep in touch-
JKL
Hi JKL, I will def let you know if I come down. I have faxed my paperwork to Gelabert's asst and spoken with her a bit so hopefully he calls me back soon. The only thing is, from what I remember Marc saying the UCLA system is slow, and because my time is sort of limited, I would most likely go with Angle over Gelabert if Angle believes I need the second surgery and that he can do it. I still remember the long convo I had with Angle last year and I really really liked him. I just chose a more experienced surgeon (and look where I ended up *sigh). I am not considering Thompson because I spoke extensively to his assistant last year and because of all of the negative followup experiences some patients have had with him, and because they want you to come in and do all the same tests over again even if you have done them already, and because I already chose a surgeon who is well known and deals with lots of patients and ended up having a negative experience with him....lol several reasons personally, but at this point, I would rather consider a Dr who has slim to none negative outcomes and great patient experiences despite the years of experience he has over a Dr who has years of experience and does not "individualize" his patients even if he initially says he does.

The thing with me and injections etc is that I know these are only temporary fixes and I am already experiencing a temporary fix with my physical therapy and am worried about all the meds I am on and how long I've been on them and what this is all doing to my body in the long run. I have not tried Botox but is that also temporary (a few months at most)? Who would be the best person to contact about that procedure? I don't know of anyone in the Bay area that does it. Also, how have you been doing? PM or email me I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch so well, just so much up in the air right now but I guess that is the same for all of us in one way or another
-Parbie

Last edited by parbie; 05-19-2013 at 04:36 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote