View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyesmilin View Post
Are you located in NY? If so, going to see Dr. Donahue would be so close and there i no question how professional and kind he is. Just think you'd be closer to home. I was with him the other day for surgery I am having on 5/21. Unfortunately, I just had to postpone it. He is so amazing. I told him I had a mammo scheduled for after the surgery and changed it to before the surgery so I would not have to deal with it. Turns out the ins. co. won't pay because my last appt was in June and it has to be a year. He said, the tos is important, but the mammogram screening is more important and I definitely would not want the mammo after the surgery unless it was several (5) or more months after the surgery. I thought the same thing because of where the op. will be on my neck and the pulling and stretching done with the mammo in that same area. This is who he is, so caring. He didn't have to say that, he could have said, get your ins straightened out and reschedule. Altho, he told me I will hate him for awhile after surgery because of the pain I feel sooo fortunate that he has my back and shows it. If you want to know anymore about him just post or you can do the personal post by clicking on my name and choosing. I feel for you and also wonder how much you might be missing people in Canada while you are not feeling well. Good Luck and let me know how you do.

Irisheyesmilin
Hi Irisheyesmilin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Dr. Donahue. I am definitely considering him, trying to get a phone consult first but no I am not in NY anymore, I am now in California. I did not choose him last time because I was already scheduled with Dr. Annest by the time Dr. Donahue got back to me and he insisted I see him and I just did not want to change my mind again after I had finally come to a decision last time. Looking back, I do wish I had gone to see him and now he is probably in the top 3 of my list because of all the positive experiences I have read about him, because he is selective, and also because he is close to Toronto so it would be easy to fly home after surgery and fly back for any follow ups.
-Parbie
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote