View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy As if it was not enough, ya know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
It is unlikely that anyone can give you any comprehensive advice as to your dilemma. Me ,I wish it were not so, but the opposite sex is not a part of my life now, PD takes so much away from us. I save what "on time" I have for my children and what resources for them also. I realize that this is extremely not any kind of an answer to your frustration, but it seems to me that is all that the majority of us can come up with. I am sorry that you are in such a position. I hear and can relate to your post, if that is any kind of a response. Cs
CS, I am so sorry to hear that. It's not enough this disease takes all our strength to remain functional if possible. It drains our very souls. I have had the thought run through my mind that it is probably better if I don't have any relationship to avoid any pain and frustration on my partner as well as the responsibility of being a caregiver. Often I have told myself that I'm not going to become involved in any relationship and instead focus on my 2 dogs, my mom and I. Life would sure be simpler but yes, very depressing. It is beyond comprehension how devastating this disease is. It's not so much the muscle rigidity and trying to stay on. It is all of these other things that it just sucks the life out of us.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote