Thread: my son
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwhocares1 View Post
Hi my son Ben has been post concussion state since last October 2012. He wa8s "headbanging" not once but may times. For months he did the computer, tv all that jazz. Then he tried to get out every now and then but everytime it threw him back in bed with eyes hurting, head sore and stiff neck.. well spring came and he wanted to get out there and started running, helped around the house a bit but during this time.. but as time went on he became delusional, anxious and almost mania. I was freaked and took him for a MRI which showed nothing! He's like spaced out all the time and delusional just within the past 2 may I didn't notice 3 months. He's only 18 and even won't go out of the house for he fears he's done nothing with his life after highschool and everyone will think he's a loser. I can barely find a doctor to listen to me. We've been to all the hospitals in our city even my place of work blows me off. I could really use some help. Thanks for listening.
mom
Hi,

I must admit to going around like a space cadet for months. I am now 14 months pcs and still can get pretty spaced out at times. I have 3 teenagers and know they don't have alot of common sense. Do you think he really understands his condition and the effects of what he does. If I watch too much t.v., I can be in bed for a day or two, completely out of it. I have a 16 year old (her birthday is today) with ADHD and she is a train wreck. There impulsivenss set them on the wrong path and they have more energy that they now what to do with. Just those 2 factors can adversely affect his recovery. It is really difficult at my age to do nothing, I listen to alot of talk radio. It sounds like he needs some expert help, which is alot easier said than done. It took me a year to find out I had post traumatic vision syndrome, everyone thought it was just pcs, I now have a strategy and therapy that is going to help. It is important that you deal with professionals that really understand brain injuries. I would suggest further follow-up with a neruo psychologist, occupational therapist (that deals with brain injuries, they don't all) and probably a physchologist to help him along. I am not sure what resources you have but there are often free ones if you dig deep enough. Good luck I know it can be heart wrenching to watch your child go through this......We are here for you.
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momwhocares1 (05-22-2013)