View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Amy,

I do agree with you that heart problems and lack of blood flow can trigger sz. Another thing that may be causing some of your sz. is a possible low pressure in the weather. Sometimes a day or two before bad weather hits a low pressure affects a persons hormones which in turn can trigger sz.

In regards to memory loss that could very well be do to the seizure meds you are taking. Many people I know of have complained about short term memory loss. Also if a person has a lot of sz. over the yrs. like I have had it can shrink the hippocampus of a persons brain causing memory loss. I had so many sz. over the yrs. that when I had brain surgery to reduce my sz. my neurosurgeon removed the right hippocampus of my brain because it had shrunk and become hard from yrs. of sz. (The hippocampus is for short term memory and learning.)
If I may ask do you ever notice that you have more sz. at certain times of the yr.? If you do these can be called "seasonal seizures" meaning that the serotonin outside can either increase or decrease a persons sz. I always have more sz. in the fall and winter because there's less serotonin compared to the spring and summer when there's more serotonin outside. Take note of this and see if it makes any difference for you. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote