View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Allergic to Insulin

I was just wondering if any of you have had allergic problems with the taking of insulin. I'm having a horrible time trying to adjust my body to take it. This is the 3rd time I have been on it and the outcome is always the same. I can take small amounts and then in about 3 weeks my body can't take anymore.

My feet and hands become seriously stiff and the muscles in the bottom of my feet constrict horribly. I am a person that has been allergic to many pain meds for neuropathy but when taking the insulin its the same problem I get when I take meds that make me sick.

To make matters worse when I stop taking the insulin the condition I have remains to be worse than before I started the insulin. Nothing clears up in the way of the pain worsening after I stop taking the insulin.

I have done some research to find people are allergic to insulin and all they are left with to control their diabetes is dieting. My diabetes is out of control as I also have gastroparesis. Can anyone let me know if they have a problem like this and what to do.

As I mentioned this is the 3rd time I have gotten to this point with the insulin doing horrible things to me. My doctor insist I keep taking the insulin. I can't make it through another session like this.
Muffy1219 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote