View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlalemons View Post
Did you have the surgery? I am 18 days post-op first rib resection. Had it done at Cleveland Clinic by head of vascular surgery. Curious how you are doing if you ended up having surgery.
Been awhile since I have been on here. After essentially firing my first surgeon and cancelling the surgery, I got a second opinion from an experienced surgeon. He wanted to re-do the venogram. Good thing we did. Two days later I went in for the test, and ended up having a heparin drip to try to de-clog the now 5 inch clot. They did angioplasty the next day, and rib/scalene resection 3 days later. Was in the hospital for almost 7 days (good food though). It's been a month now and I feel pretty good. I am still bruised up a bit from the angioplasty and blood thinners but I am getting there. The circulation will never be 100% as it was misdiagnosed for so very long. But, it's much better. Still a bit uncomfortable to sleep, I did quit smoking, and actually feel better than I have in 20 years. The hardest part for me............getting my gut back in synch. That morphine turns your belly into concrete!! I should have been taking Colace the first day in the hospital. You feeling good marlalemons?
pinetopfirefighter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote