Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I was wondering if you're having to travel to Brisbane for your Neuro appointment? Bring some warm clothes and a scarf if you're heading south. I'm a couple hrs north of Brisbane but the nights are really cold all of a sudden. Really cold to us. To many it's probably lovely. lol
The days are great though and we need to strip off a layer or two of clothing. Just letting you know!

The main reason I travelled for info. way back then was that my son was diagnosed with Sydenham's Chorea for a number of years after age 5. That's a movement disorder that sometimes occurs in some people after having Rheumatic Fever (a Strep. -GABHS - related illness). He was subsequently differentially diagnosed with TS and a number of other comorbid conditions at age 10. I still wasn't sure they got it all correct and they didn't. Anyway, that's a long, long story and feels like ancient history now.

Edited later to add: Don't forget to take a list! Note down all your questions and relevant information to discuss with the doctors.

How's your son getting on at school and with his peers?

Last edited by Lara; 05-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote