View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info...I mentioned this to his neuro after doing some research online and because my son's GI made me aware of it. Neuro insisted that it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could have Hirschsprung's and that his wife is a pediatrician, etc etc. I have a strong feeling he is mistaken. I am going to contact a pediatric neurologist tomorrow and schedule an appointment asap, it couldn't hurt to get a second opinion and I don't want to wait for my son's health to get any worse than it already is.

He had another episode of muscle weakness last night, unable to sit up or move his arms/legs, along with the sensation of heat in his body/visual disturbance, etc. I am beginning to wonder if these "attacks" aren't transient ischemic attacks? I know I'm grasping at straws here, all of the research I've been doing online is driving me up the wall, there are so many possibilities and as I watch his health continue to take a turn for the worst, I can't just stand by and watch him continue to go downhill without reaching out for another opinion. I also need some support/advice from others who have already been through similar situations, which is why I started posting here.

Thanks again.
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-19-2013)