View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Skatemom,

The most important part about getting quiet rest is to moderate your peak activities. Avoiding the high stress events of a day is important. It is a going to need to be a family culture. No more super mom, even in spurts. Think of it as if your are driving a car with a fish bowl on the seat. No fast starts or stops. A slow build up of effort to a moderated peak level is good.

You should also consider your bodily moves throughout the day. Bending over to load and unload a dryer or front load washer can cause neck motions that are not good. You may not sense any pain or stress in these moves but that does not mean they do not negatively impact your head.

Your posture at rest and while sleeping can also be a problem. Those cozy and comfy cuddling positions may be problematic. I know this cuddling issue personally. I know I will pay for the cuddling time if I am not careful. I feel fine during the cuddling but end up paying later in the day.

These are the things you need to discover for yourself. You may notice you sleep better or wake up feeling better if you find that good position for sleeping and such. It took me quite some time to figure this out. When I did, it made a big difference.

It sounds like you have hit that point of accepting your need to make serious changes. That is a great start.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (05-19-2013), poetrymom (05-19-2013)