View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

---GOOD NEWS------ CALF IS BACK BABY!!!

It isn't 100% yet but I am walking normal and both neurosurgeons say I have no major weakness, someone was really looking out for me. I still have leg and hip pain and I am borderline abusing narcotics to get around during the day, but I am functional. Neurosurgeon has recommended surgery due to the large size of my herniation. The Neurosurgeon believes that the herniation is too large to heal on it's own accord and the Micro D is the best choice for me due to my career, my age and my good health. I feel very positive abut it, especially considering I am taking drugs to function day to day.

1. I dropped my Physical Therapist but not my physical therapy. I do the excersises that don't hurt me and make me feel like I am making progress, pre surgery now and I intend on doing PT, lots of elliptical cardio and swimming everyday with breaks on sunday.

2. I am continuing with my spinal decompression and massage routine up until I have my surgery. My Chiro has agreed that surgery is my best choice at this point, injury to today has been over 3 months.

I am flying to a military hospital in Texas to have the surgery, this NS is very experienced and there have been very little complications for Micro D's from this department. I am praying that this pain goes away from the surgery.
JoeP148 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-20-2013)