View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:27 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AynaDee View Post
It does suck quite a bit. I try to stay positive, but realisticly, I am prepared (hopefully) for the worst. I hope to be in decent condition by my 30's, but seeing how ive progressed through the years, I dont EXPECT to be in that great of condition by then.

I do what I can to try and keep my ms in chill mode (except using a dmd).

I do yoga as my exercise.
Walk as much as I can.
Try to get the proper amount of sleep.
Cut red meat out of my diet -trying to cut out dairy, eggs, and yeast but thats super hard.
I only drink soda here and there.
And I take vit d, b12, b6, calcium, co q10, fish oil, flaxseed oil, and grape seed extract on a daily basis.

I feel that I am doing all that I can to keep progression at bay.. Apparently that just makes my ms even more angry with me.

It is absolutely 100% craziness how this disease affects us all in different ways.

Im more worried about figuring out what ms really is versus finding a cure.
You don't take any DMD, injections, pills....anything? to slow the progress?

I was 35 when I got the official word that I in fact have genuine, RRMS, but had attacks before I got going on what was wrong, so I most likely had it active in me for some time, years before actually doing something about it. It took a fall from extreme dizziness to get into the ER and on my way to getting treatment and what was wrong.

Right now at 36 I feel "ok" I can't run all that well, but walking is good, no balance issues, no canes or walkers and all that, but my legs get tense real fast and I have to sit to let them unwind. I "had" a small incontinence issue, despite everyone telling me it probably won't happen

My last MRI showed it was pretty benign ATM, but a few months ago I had a super attack... I got sick at the same time and it was a complete mess. I had to hold onto my 61 year old mom's arm to get around.... I was so tired and in pain that I didn't care what it looked like. Right now I am riding my bike all over the place, drinking lots of water(like you no soda) I eat tons of greens and I have also started on Fish Oil and Vit-D.

So yes...My MS is completey different than yours... I'm so sorry you have this much trouble so young already and I hope the MS in you will STFU soon and let you be mobile for a long time.

The scariest thing about having this crap is wondering if and/or it will suddenly decide to go haywire and take me down, full disability alley.
Hopefully it stays inactive and benign as my MRI has shown last time.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (05-21-2013), GladysD (05-22-2013), tkrik (05-22-2013)