View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

I am new to this site but wanted to ask if anyone has had this surgery that my surgeon is wanting to do to help with mobility in my neck. I have had 6 major spine surgeries over the past several years and I am now fused from my c3 down to my pelvis. Last surgery was last Feb 2012, and ended up almost loosing my life, as I went into shock couple days after surgery and my kidneys shut down. Anyway I continue to have pain and kyposis in my neck and can't look up or turn my head either side. I have no muscle or fat left in my neck and the hardware is showing. He wants to cut in the c7 area making a triangle so my head can come up. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it but another extensive surgery and would be in halo brace for a few months. I don't know if I can take it again but I don't like the way I am now with my head looking down to my feet all the time. Plus a plastic surgeon is going to fix the back of my neck so it doesn't look so bad. I am 60yoa and right now my life really sucks. Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
cherd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (05-20-2013)