View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Think I'm postponing surgery

I *think* I am going to post pone on surgery.

GAWRRRR It is so hard to know what to do.

Dr. Donahue finally offered it to me so I jumped on it, now I may be pulling back.

I am going to try more physical therapy. We hit a wall in December but after a month away from it, I got better.

If I look at myself a year ago, I am definitely better. Not out of the woods AT ALL, but definitely not on that downhill spiral anymore. I know this takes FOREVER for nerves to heal so I will give my body the benefit of the doubt and keep plugging away now with therapy. Maybe the Botox will help my therapy go better.

I think of surgery as a cure and I think I am incorrect in doing so. I believe surgery is a last resort. I wish it was not something that you had to be very bad to have done.

My current level is that I get numb pinkies and my elbows get a pressure in them. This will stay this way as long as I am not on the computer much and don't do stupid things like hold a phone without a headset or go swimming. Doing so would make pain start.

I don't want to risk my current "ok" state for something better if it means possibly becoming worse than I am now.

Thank You ALL!
Marky Mark
heybro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote