View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice View Post
Hi, thanks for your words of encouragement and advice. Havent been checking in lately.....but still struggling. Thank you.
Just wanted to say "Hi" & "Welcome!" I am new here as well, but not new to symptoms of numbness, tingling, muscle twitching and random jerks at rest. So you are not alone!!

You would think that time and doctors could give you an answer to your problem, but sometimes they don't. I have had every test under the sun going on 10 years now (only the last 4 have been progressing in intensity.) I have a diagnosis of idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. Which means they can measure that my peripheral nerves are slower than they should be, but they don't know why. My first several EMG/NCS (measures muscle and nerve reaction times) were considered normal, even though I had symptoms.

With every test normal for you, I would suggest you check out the Peripheral Neuropathy stickies concerning other blood tests, like B12 and vitamin D. Hopefully one of your docs have already checked a metabolic panel and thyroid studies, diabetes testing etc. Nutrition and supplementation are very important as well, lots of information here!!

jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote