View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Could you help us out a bit?

Your injury was early May. Did you also have any neck injury? Did you receive care in the E.R., or just at your Family care setting? Have you seen a Neurologist, or Physiatrist? Have you had any testing - CT, MRI, etc?

Is the Narco, actually Norco ?

Soma is a muscle relaxant - was that prescribed for neck injury? - that does make many folks "woozy", and some prescribers hesitate to use it due to patient reliance on it long term.

Many physicians do use Phenergan for Nausea / Emesis; however it is best used for that in the suppository form; it is available in tablet form - best for other needs; and liquid - in cough formulae, or used in a plain liquid form for help with abdomenal cramping or varied anxiety levels in some. The link will give you much information on why many docs do or don't use Phenergan.

Ice packs to the neck are useful for any neck complaints - very in depth evaluations of your neck are important, falling from Skateboards can involve neck injuries even if you struck your head and only experience head complaints........please assure your neck was thoroughly evaluated.

Check the Stickied threads up top, for the Vitamins supplements which are helpful for brain injuries recovery.

Headaches are common complaints from head injuries, short and long-term - assure you are under Neurologist or Physiatrist care for follow-up and whatever term care necessary for continual recovery, or therapeutic follow-up needed - generally, primary care physicians just are not up to par for the most part to care for all the needs of the Head injured.

You do not need a Narcotic for these headaches - you need something for coverage of a Post-Traumatic/Post-Concussion Migrainous Headache problem.

Regarding Seroquel - my research has found that some PTSD has had some hopeful reduction of symptomatology, per NIH papers, for veterans, not so much just using it for sleep, but for PTSD, psychosis, etc.

Seroquel is an Antipsychotic medication. And has been used by many docs as a Sleeping med.

I forgot my one source for drugs I like to add for folks - Seroquel from Crazymeds site - he offers interesting information , IMO.

Hoping to hear more from you.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Best wishes............... I'm sure others will jump in and offer more.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stewardess (05-20-2013)