View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much....

Im sorry, I do mean Norco. The Soma was prescribed for "posterior head pain". I have both oral and phenergan suppositories. Good to know the suppository is better.

I went to the ER the following day after vomiting several times and having nose bleeds. I did not have much of a headache at this time. After doing a simple exam they discharged me with a simple concussion diagnosis. Well, I am a Flight Attendant and went back to work a few days later. It wasnt until an hour or so into flying that these other symptoms started - confusion, nausea, headache. I hadnt even really had a headache until this point. I called the ER and they told me I wasnt supposed to fly that soon - well, that would have been nice to know before now - and to come back in. Well, their CT machine was broke. SO I left there and went and got a CT that was ordered by my PCP (internal medicine). She has been treating me since. She is confident that everything I am experiencing is normal and what Im feeling aligns with what Ive read online so I didnt feel the urgency to get a neuro consult. I guess I felt like people get concussions all the time and thought I would be overreacting, little did I know. She suggests that if I can restore my sleep it will allow the brain a better chance to heal. I also still have and have had a low grade temp - she said that is normal as well.

Both the ER and she said I would feel this way for a lil while, so I assumed this is just how it is. I had read that psychotic meds are sometimes used to treat PCS but this makes me a little bit uneasy.

Where is the link for supplements? I dont know what stickied threads means....

My mother strongly suggests a Neurologist but I havent gone to one since everything Im dealing with is apparently "normal".

As far as I know I do not have a neck injury, I did have a trickling feeling down the back of my head and neck. I felt as if water was trickling down the base of my head and neck. She assured me that it was normal. I did have a small contusion and this it was "near my ocular and nerves around my ear and that was a just those nerves recovering". She also said it was on the "nausea center of the brain and that is was causing the nausea"

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I feel for anyone having dealt with this long term. I know I am already sick of it, I cant imagine this going on for months or years.
Stewardess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote