View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You are correct.

Quote:
I want to say "well, Ive had a bad headache for weeks, you are talking too much, and Im tired... thats whats wrong with me". Perhaps they are like me in thinking "concussions are normal, no biggie" well this has rocked my world. I feel different, I feel sad, I feel uncomfortable, I feel TIRED and CRANKY, I feel like Im in the twilight zone".
.. is just what you should say.........let them know just what you are going through.

Sadly, they will not grasp it at all. They are well meaning, from their standpoint, which is only natural..its what is bred into our public persona - when people generally say "Hi, how are you?", they do not expect a real answer. Its just a "correct " thing to say. - While I was still working and trying to cope, I got to the point with all my co-workers, the surgeons I worked with , etc. and told them, " I am alive" . And left it at that. Because that was at least the truth.

I am presuming that the contusion was on the inside of your skull on the brain from your description, was there any noted bleed or blood collection? - please have them give you a referral to a Neuro-Otologist and/or Neuro-Opthalmologist ( a few Neuro-Sensory Centers are in Austin, and Baylor, as well as Scott & White and UT), in case you continue residual effects with the issues from the contusion to region. I proffer this due to the fact that Brain contusions are worse effects on the brain than concussions, and possibilities to expect are not predictable, just as those from concussions.

And we here, can tell you much about what we found unexpected from our concussion injuries; which you are also having from your "crankiness " and other feelings. (which, by the way we have all been there too)

Best Wishes,

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote