View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybro View Post
I *think* I am going to post pone on surgery.

GAWRRRR It is so hard to know what to do.

Dr. Donahue finally offered it to me so I jumped on it, now I may be pulling back.

I am going to try more physical therapy. We hit a wall in December but after a month away from it, I got better.

If I look at myself a year ago, I am definitely better. Not out of the woods AT ALL, but definitely not on that downhill spiral anymore. I know this takes FOREVER for nerves to heal so I will give my body the benefit of the doubt and keep plugging away now with therapy. Maybe the Botox will help my therapy go better.

I think of surgery as a cure and I think I am incorrect in doing so. I believe surgery is a last resort. I wish it was not something that you had to be very bad to have done.

My current level is that I get numb pinkies and my elbows get a pressure in them. This will stay this way as long as I am not on the computer much and don't do stupid things like hold a phone without a headset or go swimming. Doing so would make pain start.

I don't want to risk my current "ok" state for something better if it means possibly becoming worse than I am now.

Thank You ALL!
Marky Mark
Oh, Marky Mark,

Don't beat yourself up over this. Just think, if you ever do decide on surgery D told me probably, NO PT. He says to paraphrase, he's not too keen on it anyway. There is however, he said, one exercise I will give you on the day of the operation and you must do it for one year, 365 days, without missing.
I have a calendar already set up to check day by day off. So, I haven't seen it yet, however I'll do that rather than PT. I hate PT. I don't know how you and everyone else does it all of the time, I admire you for it. I guess I did it for so many years that I just couldn't do it any longer because for me it wasn't working. What I used to love tho, was when the pt would pull my hand and arm as much and as long as she could until she was exhaused. I guess it probably took any pinching off of any nerves that created my relief. That's why I thought of getting one of those machines where you hang yourself, lol on, too expensive for me tho.

I totally agree with you that there are no cures out there, even surgery. So, do what you need to do for yourself kiddo, everyone is soo different. Before I forget, I got an inexpensive bluetooth and I just love it. It was $30 I believe, on Amazon.com, I can get you the info if u r interested. I only use it at home and I turn the tv down when I'm on it because of background noise. I found it the best. I used a headset for years, like the ones used by phone operators on tv. It's just that I had to have the phone in my hands all the time. With the bluetooth you don't have to have anything in your hands. Mine holds 6 hrs of time, however, watch your phone bars it can eat them up, so you have to recharge it, which is fine.
My hand/fingers/lower arm/elbow/upper arm and shoulder pain happens when I use the computer. It is helped with my tylenol #3 with codeine, I take 2 now. I started with 1 every 6 hours for a long time and now 2 period. I take it about 3:30 before I try the treadmill, then I will use the computer as I am now doing. Since the tyl is not working like it did I am going for the surgery.
I think the advise on aquatherapy is good, try it. If you are a swimmer anyway I think you might like it. I hope you didn't feel pushed by me for surgery w/D. Maybe I told you too much. I do care about you MM (funny I call everyone with the name Mark, Marky Mark, why is that, ha?) and wish I could take away your pain. Please let me know how you are doing and come on often to neurotalk. Some people leave much too early, please don't. I want to see you get betterer and betterer!

Love Irisheyesmilin xoxoxo
irisheyesmilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote