Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome

I honestly feel a lot of kids are misdx with TS when in fact there are other causes for their tics. Yes, your son may have TS...but I have heard of so many kids with tics and other neuro issues that are environmental or dietary triggered, as well as from other factors.... so it really is worth investigating more.

Having the "official" TS diagnosis did help my son through school, especially when TS was finally recognized under ADA for education. We had a 504 plan for him and it really helped a lot to foster understanding from teachers etc. His tics were pretty intense at that time.

"Natural" treatments (dietary modifications, supplements and environmental changes to attempt to eliminate known triggers, along with acupuncture etc) were very beneficial for my son, and now he is in his 20s and very mild tics.

Hope you find the answers you are seeking.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-20-2013)