View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It sounds as though all the feelings you are having "in the air" are related to the pressure differential and when you land, and time passes it is resolving and has had a chance to begin to normalize for you.... and you begin to feel "better".

You have a Brain contusion, and you have a Concussion - 2 things, not 1 and that being a part of the other........2 separate things.... don't let others tell you different. A Brain contusion is a 'macro' injury - that is seen on imaging studies; concussions are 'micro' injuries - not particularly visible findings on imaging studies unless they are very special imaging studies.

You have a Contusion of Brain tissue - it will go through it's resolution separately from a Concussion resolution.

Really you need to be in touch with a Neurologist who is in tune with Head Injury care - one who actually cares for Head Injury patients, Concussions and TBI, inclusive of Brain/Cerebral Contusions. You are still early into your injury; and as you found out, you should not be flying yet.

BTW, Amitriptylline is Elavil, Mark's recommendation is spot on for a starter - its a common med used in Post-Traumatic /Post Concussive Headaches, low dose starting, adjusted up to needed levels for your particular level of responsiveness to relieve the Headaches, help the anxiety and sleep problems. There are many other meds used by different docs, so check with a Neurologist for their recommendation.

Some will/do recommend anti-seizure medications up front as they are useful for those types of headaches also, and useful against possible seizures that can occur from Cerebral Contusions also - so this is just an FYI if any recommend their use. { I take Topamax (this is an anti-seizure med), because my headaches were daily and horrendous, and I failed Amitriptylline use at maximal dosing, and there was suspicion of absence seizures - and have had no horrible bad effects using it }.

Good Luck, Best Wishes..................

Time for my meds. Rest alot please.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.

Last edited by Concussion; 05-21-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote