Thread: The itching!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniebear View Post
So, I am not diagnosed yet but so far many things are pointing toward MS. Have 1 lesion on my brain MRI, non on the spinal MRI but many symptoms are there. I first saw the neurologist at the end of March and she advised me to come back in 3-4 months. I felt good for a couple of weeks then the cycle of symptoms started with a vengeance. So, I see her again in 2 weeks. I do not know what the plan of action is at that time, but I am hoping for some answers and a course of some treatment. Anything at this point has to be better than this.

Today tried to do a little gardening.. which apparently was a very bad idea. After 20 minutes my entire body felt like it was vibrating from all the spasms/twitching. This was several hours ago and I'm still not "right". I am also extremely itchy with that crawly feeling. It is to the point if I don't stop myself I would/do break the skin.

Does anybody have a good solution for the itchiness? Normal 'dry skin' solutions aren't helping. I had hopes that a cool shower, lotions, lighter clothes... something like that would help but it's not.
Keep your fingernails short & buff them...easier than dealing with scratch marks in the morning. Try not to scratch too much...it seems to make it worse...like your whole body wants to join the party. Have you noticed that?
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-20-2013)