View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybro View Post
I *think* I am going to post pone on surgery.

GAWRRRR It is so hard to know what to do.

Dr. Donahue finally offered it to me so I jumped on it, now I may be pulling back.

I am going to try more physical therapy. We hit a wall in December but after a month away from it, I got better.

If I look at myself a year ago, I am definitely better. Not out of the woods AT ALL, but definitely not on that downhill spiral anymore. I know this takes FOREVER for nerves to heal so I will give my body the benefit of the doubt and keep plugging away now with therapy. Maybe the Botox will help my therapy go better.

I think of surgery as a cure and I think I am incorrect in doing so. I believe surgery is a last resort. I wish it was not something that you had to be very bad to have done.

My current level is that I get numb pinkies and my elbows get a pressure in them. This will stay this way as long as I am not on the computer much and don't do stupid things like hold a phone without a headset or go swimming. Doing so would make pain start.

I don't want to risk my current "ok" state for something better if it means possibly becoming worse than I am now.

Thank You ALL!
Marky Mark
I agree with everyone, I think you are making the right decision to wait. TOS surgery is very invasive and definitely should be a last resort. I actually improve with PT as in I feel AMAZING after but as soon as I leave the office and get back to life, the pain is back and gets worse and worse and I look fwd to seeing my PT every week just for that temporary pain relief. I do very simple yoga exercises as my PT is a yogi and when I go I basically get lots of manual therapy and joint/rib mobilization. I am nowhere near any strengthening or anything and I still cannot even do Edgelow breathing for more than 1 to 2 mins sometimes....hence I choose surgery again espec since I have extra ribs. I hope you improve with new therapies, maybe try a different PT? IMO PT should be beneficial always and although it may be painful during, it should relieve your pain/symptoms when it is over.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy

Last edited by parbie; 05-20-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote