View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Magirose - thanks for responding...my son doesn't have the ulcers in the mouth or genital area that you describe. As for the migraines, anxiety at night well...he shares a room with me and I have been sleeping right next to him every night since this ordeal began, I try to reassure him that he will be ok, just try to get through it, etc, but I'm beginning to wonder about that myself.

Yesterday afternoon he had a severe bout of muscle cramps in his back, arms and legs. The child was writhing around in the bed, crying out in pain and aside from giving him some children's tylenol (his neuro won't prescribe anything for pain until he has a better idea about whats going on with him) there was not much else I could do for him. He had plenty of water yesterday, so I know the muscle cramps weren't from dehydration.

Hi neuro is sending him for a tilt table test this friday and I think its a waste of time because the child isn't having fainting spells or dizziness and from what I have read online about tilt table tests, its designed to diagnose problems like that. He is also sending him for an abdominal CT scan, which will involve using a nasogastric tube to insert the barium into his stomach because he was unable to tolerate drinking the horrible stuff. Neuro still insists he could have Hirschsprung's disease, but his gastroenterologist disagrees and so do I , I am hesitant to bring him for this test because I know he will be traumatized by the NG tube, but what else can I do? I'm sure his doctor has a good reason for insisting on this test, aside from Hirschsprung's, perhaps he is checking for something else or perhaps he is just running out of ideas, I just don't know what to think anymore. One thing I know for sure is that its definitely NOT all in his head and if his doctor even tries to suggest that it is, that will be the last time I will be taking him there.

Anyway, sorry if my response is kind off all over the place, we had a long, difficult night with my son until 4am this morning and I'm feeling a little scatterbrained. Thanks again for your response.
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-21-2013)