View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update:

So I took the advice of Eva5667Faliure and spent the last 2 months keeping a journal and shared it with the pain doc who I just met with yesterday. It helped! Eva - thank you soooo much for that seemingly small piece of advice for it made all the difference! He accepted my diagnosis of neuropathy and realized that the meds he was giving me were not only NOT helping my pain, but were actually hurting me because their side effects caused my sleep apnea to worsen. He agreed to pull me off of those and put me on Lyrica and Cymbalta as I requested. I walked out in a pretty good mood and happily turned my scripts in to the pharmacy. I was still in a good mood until the pharmacy called an hour later telling me that my insurance company was not accepting the prescriptions, but that I was welcome to come in and pay full price for them. I told my wife last year that she was going to regret switching to Aetna. I used to work for them. Needless to say - good mood is now gone! If the doctor doesn't get you, the insurance company will. I'm going to end this before I start swearing at them all!
eva5667faliure (05-22-2013), Mark56 (05-27-2013), mg neck prob (05-22-2013)