View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunatos View Post
Neutro said, "...canadian MG association to contact a french or belgian drug wholesaler and to import them? ... "

Nice to see you, Maurice. Mytelase was rare here however, I remember a woman from "Montreal" who said a physician (Prof.) in France prescribed it.

I'm out of the loop, but I like your idea, and I will do what I can to inform some MG Associations, as well as Muscular Dystrophy Canada. It would seem to me that a pharmaceutical company would want to make every effort to sell this drug. It could also be that there was limited demand here. I would suggest that many MGers would be willing to give it try.

As Reynolds mentioned, perhaps an influx of calls or mail to the pharmaceutical company for those wanting this drug?

Cheers....
We have tried calling the company and the US MG foundation and they say just take Mestinon. Well those people I have talked to are allergic to Mestinon and can not take it. I am allergic to Mestinon and dread taking it again. I suffered with it for years because my doctors did know Mytelase even existed. A friend found mention of the drug and suggested I try it. It was life changing. I was told the daily severe diarrhea was just part of taking an acetocholase inhibitor. but it wasn't. I never have that side effect on Mytelase.

Currently the MG foundation has a letter on their site saying it's gone, stop bothering us. Yes, I am paraphrasing.

I am taking the sugestion to call my senator.
reynolds_km is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote