View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion and others....

Thank you so much for all of your help and kind words. You all help me so very much and I appreciate it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussion View Post
Baylor has a clinic in Houston. Baylor Clinic - scroll down for the Neurology Service Phone number.

Memorial Hermann/UT has many clinic locations with Neurosciences around Houston - from the reading, it seems their Concussion focus is more sports related, but they have a fairly indepth Neuroscience department, may be worth a few phone calls, dependent on your location and theirs, to help you out.

I refer to Institutes because they seem to have more readily available appointment schedules than other settings for the most part when times are tight for referrals.

Sorry, no idea of the specialty clinic backlog appointment dates ......I know its a tedious process.

If necessary, and I know your doc had your best interests in mind, starting the Seroquel on her advice isn't a bad start since it has been used for sleep - the only problem is like all those meds, including Amitriptylline and Nortriptylline, it can take time for the full effect to build up.

Its just that once you start, withdrawal from anti-psychotics take time too, you just shouldn't stop cold turkey, after long term use.

I hope this is helpful.

Get your rest, try your best, my best wishes for you.

I have to go rest myself, had a bit of running around to a few appointments myself today, nearing time for meds too.

Stewardess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-23-2013)