View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for the fast replies!

Chemar, I have read many of your posts talking about what you did for your own child. Thank you for putting all that out there!

We homeschool and always have. I was a classroom teacher for 10 years and I worked with special needs kids a lot as their mainstream teacher for science, P.E., art, etc. I have been accommodating for him by letting him dictate to me, allowing him to write shorter answers, and not pushing so much with the writing. He is very adept with computers but hasn't learned formal keyboarding. I told him that he can start typing out his written answers and he's excited to get a keyboarding program to learn how to type effectively and fast.

It also helps that he is on a private homeschool Minecraft server now and being a fast typist will make it easier to chat with his friends when they play.

After reading Chemar's posts I decided to try him on some good multi vitaminsa and magnesium. I had panic attacks and after reading the connection between magnesium and anxiety I started taking it. I had rapid improvement from panic attacks within 24 hours.

Well I put him on magnesium the last 2 days and his tics improved a lot. They are much less severe, one vocal tic is gone so he's down to two of them, and he isn't doing the hand squeezing anymore.

I also suffered from tics in the past but never vocal ones and all mine were hidden, like squeezing my leg muscle or calf muscle or tensing my shoulder. I have no other symptoms of tourettes and I have never had vocal tics.

Celiacs, even after treatment, often have vitamin deficiencies and just don't process their food right. I've been juicing and also doing green smoothies for the past 3 months. My kids occasionally have them, but I'm putting him on them daily now. Keeping the vitamins and magnesium, and see how it goes.

I really appreciate being able to come here for support.
ecmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (05-22-2013), Lara (05-22-2013)