View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattymary88 View Post
I have been complaining to my doc that I have been having trouble breathing and they thought it was just lung inflammation. But after two months they decided to do a chest x-ray and found my right diaphragm is in my chest....YAY! I feel like I am in my third trimester of pregnancy when you can't breathe! So I am not sure if it's fully paralyzed or just not functioning properly. Trying to remain positive but it's a struggle to breathe and it's only getting hotter and more humid here in GA which is making it worse So and advice would be much appreciated )))
Pattymary
I too have had issues with breathing. At about 20 months postop I was still having great problems and my chest xray showed that my diaphragm was still elevated......it was last summer & it was awful as the heat & humidity made it even worse.....stayed in with the air going to make things easier.
When my shortness of breath was really bad I found doing the "diaphragmatic breathing" helpful as I usually had major anxiety that was very scary and it seemed to help calm me down if nothing else.

I did have complications with my initial surgery which resulted in 2 further surgeries for Lymph leaks and I also had a large pleural effusion....so my breathing issues were the result of that.
I am now at about 28 months and chest tightness & shortness of breath are apparent when I do too much. I also have great fatigue, light headedness & nausea which now I have been told is likely due to Vagus nerve damage.

Did you have any complications?

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote