View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Angelina

I'm so sorry you feel overwhelmed by this horrible disease right now, it really is cruel, and other people really REALLY don't get it....terrible to not only be suffering so badly, but also to be misunderstood and isolated by it

I'm on a 'better' patch this last week, and it's been so weird. It's really made me appreciate quite how awful I was feeling before. I use to try and tell myself that I should be able to cope better and get on with a few things, but when it's at it's worst you really can only exist and hope for some relief at some point... I sincerely hope that your SCS next week can finally help - I appreciate your fears, but if you are at constant 10 of pain and not coping at all with it, then hopefully even some slight relief might make a big difference to you and give you some life back again.

Hang on in there... I know I keep saying it but it's all you can do for now... We'll all be thinking of you and hoping for good news very soon.

Don't ever feel bad about asking for some understanding and sympathy when things are so horrible - its lovely that you can reach out to us and know that we do understand. I'm nowhere near your current level of pain, but I can imagine it all too well, and I have nothing but admiration for your fight with CRPS and the way you are willing to help and support others here even when you desperately need help yourself

Oh the pain face.... I had to apologise to my youngest last night because I got frustrated and shouted at her. I explained that it wasn't her, it was the invisible pain that had made me angry, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes you do flinch from a hug, or recoil from being touched, and it hurts their feelings....all you can do is explain, but it's so sad and adds to your misery of course.

A gentle virtual hug from me too, and a comforting hand-hold if you need it too... I'll keep hoping for you

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Angelina55 (05-25-2013), retired2012 (05-26-2013)